Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had a tumour on my ovary is a hysterectomy my only

Customer Question

I have had a tumour on my ovary is a hysterectomy my only option? I have a
Atrophic endometrium, all else looks normal eg cervix, other ovary etc
Doctor can't tell me if cancerous or not and bloodwork has no markers. I'm 50 and have gone through menopause.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know how big your tumor is?Why does not doctor think hysterectomy is essential in your case?Does the appearance of the tumor on the CT scan suggest cancer or is highly suggestive of it?Please let me know and if possible, could you attach your reports on here for me to have a look at.thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see attached report it was the first ultrasound scan . My GP says theres not much info from the subsequent MRI report and they can't be sure as to what they are looking at they are unsure until it is removed
PS Marcia is my family nickname (middle name)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.The mass that is seen on this report does seem a little concerning because it has solid components in it and it is big in size.So despite of the fact that the tumor markers are negative I would still look at this with suspicion and the definitive diagnosis may not even be proven on MRI. The definitive diagnosis will only be make when this is removed and sent to the lab for histopathology.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards