Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had my wisdom teeth removed 10 days ago. Since then I have

I had my wisdom teeth removed 10 days ago. Since then I have had tingling on and off in my tonuge, a nerve pulsing pain in my chin, cheek and just in front of my ear and terrible sensitivity pain in my teeth/ gums/jaw - everything is on the left side. I don't feel the wisdom tooth has heeled yet - if I suck a terrible taste comes from there and it's still a bit sore and my jaw feels like there's a hard lump. I'm in constant pain with no relief from pain meds. What's wrong with me please?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Wisdom teeth when removed can take a pretty long time to heal at times, particularly if there is an infection that has happened, which I think is a possibility in your case since you mention that you also have terrible sensitivity and pain in your chin and cheek.I would strongly recommend that you be seen again, if you have not done that already, as in my opinion you will require a course of an antibiotic after you have been examined, to help cure this.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards