Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

On the 18th I went to the hospital had a blood text and it

Customer Question

On the 18th I went to the hospital had a blood text for pragancy and it was positive 1-2weeks
A day later I started bleeding whuch woukd have been same day as my normal period , and I bled for 5days heavy bleeding I have to wear two pad .
The bleeding started as spotting very dark color stuff after two days it stated getting red like blood with pains and I bled a lot. On the 4th day I bought a clear blue text and it said still positive,
Today I went to see the doctor for a blood text and he confirm positive still but my blood count is low and he is not sure if j lost a egg or two please explain to me what do you this
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
With heavy bleeding coming around the time of your period, it's most likely that you had a miscarriage.A pregnancy test can remain positive for days to weeks after a miscarriage. The way to know is if the hcg level is falling or not. Your doctor can measure the hcg level on blood tests.Normally, hcg will always rise and should double every 2-3 days. If it's falling or nor rising appropriately, then it's a miscarriage.If your blood count is low, that means anemia from blood loss, and you should take an iron pill daily. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.Please click the rating stars. Thank you.