Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a missicarriage on 6/4/16 I was Over 12 weeks. Started

I had a missicarriage on 6/4/16 I was Over 12 weeks. Started my periods on the 22/5/16, I have been sporting since then. Just wanted to know wether this is normal I have not been bleeding heavily and the blood is pink.just need resurance
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

It's not really normal, but it's not too surprising. Most likely the spotting is due to the fact that you haven't ovulated since your miscarriage. Ovulation is what causes normal periods, and when a woman doesn't ovulate, irregular periods or spotting is common.

It's not unusual to not ovulate at age 45, even if you have a history of very regular periods.

I would recommend that you see your doctor, just to check things out, and also to take some progesterone pills, which will stop the spotting. Then, hopefully you'll get back to fairly regular periods. Best wishes.

Thank you for your payment and rating.