Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Is it possible uterus to prolapse?

is it possible for the uterus to prolapse?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Can you tell me more about your problem or why you ask the question? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have noticed over the last couple of weeks that when i strain to go to the toilet a soft lump appears in the mouth of my vagina.it pushes back in and there is no pain.

Most likely you have a prolapse. It can be a prolapse of the cervix, the bladder, or the rectum.

A prolapse only needs treatment if it causes symptoms. If you can live with it, it's often best to do so. Treatment usually requires surgery, although sometimes a pessary can be placed in the vagina to support the prolapse.

It's probably best to see an OB/GYN doctor for evaluation. Generally an exam is all that's required for diagnosis. Then the doctor will discuss possible treatment. Best wishes.

Thank you for your payment and rating.