Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

Can taking cetrine allergy tablets within the first few

can taking cetrine allergy tablets within the first few weeks of conception lead to a missed miscarriage?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern.

Cetrine allergy tablets is one of the hundreds of drugs that have not been studied sufficiently in pregnant women to know if it in fact causes pregnancy miscarriage. So the precautions state not to use in pregnancy for that reason. However when looking at incidental reports (numbers of cases but not studied according to research requirements) they have NOT shown any harmful side effects in the hundreds of women who have taken it during & before pregnancy. Which mean Cetrine has not been shown to cause miscarriages.

So all this to say the answer to your question is no.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.