Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

If you have a missed miscarriage could your next pregnancy

If you have a missed miscarriage could your next pregnancy end in miscarriage I'm worried that I may never have kids as I had a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks but didn't find out until the 12 week scan
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern.

Many women have miscarriages (SAB) that are discovered immediately or delayed as in your case. However the majority of these woman go on to have normal full term pregnancies. So please do not be concerned that your next pregnancy will end in a miscarriage. It most likely will not. However that being said, there are many things you can do now to maximize your opportunity to have the most healthy baby possible.

It is advisable to start taking prenatal vitamins at least 2-3 months prior to getting pregnant to make sure you are providing all the minerals and vitamins needed for normal fetal development. So I strongly recommend you start taking prenatal vitamins now.

In addition you should start now to optimize your overall health to provide the most healthy environment for your unborn child. This means making sure you are drinking plenty of water, getting regular exercise (60 minutes at least, 5 times per week at minimum), avoid alcohol, recreational drugs, not prescribed medicinal drugs smoking (cigarette or THC), and reduce the stress in your life (another great reason to exercise regularly).

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.