Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My period has always been fairly regular, give or take a day

Hi there. My period has always been fairly regular, give or take a day or two. However last month it was 4 or 5 days early. This month it was about a day late but my flow is really light compared to normal, although I still feel quite crampy. It's almost like my period has turned up but it can't be bothered! . I've taken two pregnancy tests which are negative, and I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. I'm not on any contraceptives as about to start trying to conceive, but I'm now concerned that this is going to be difficult. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How old are you?

Have you had much stress or weight change? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 33. I was a little stressed in work last month but nothing too bad. I think I've put on maybe a 14 pounds in the last year (since I got married)

It's common for periods to become less regular and perhaps change in character when a woman is in her 30's. Weight change can sometimes affect periods and ovulation. So your change of periods is not unusual.

That said, as long as you continue to have fairly regular periods, you'll probably get pregnant within a reasonable time.

However, if your periods don't continue to be fairly regular, or if you don't get pregnant within 6 months of when you start trying, I would see your doctor to check out your ovulation. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.