Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I was told by the gynae to try the mini pill to help with

I was told by the gynae to try the mini pill to help with the pain of fibroids. I have been on cerelle for 6 months which has solved the pain but still have break through bleeding virtually everyday. Can you recommend a different mini pill that might not cause bleeding? I'm at my wits end!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately every minipill is exactly the same. They are progesterone only pills and all contain exactly the same amount of progesterone. It does not matter the brand. A progesterone only pill will stabilize the uterine lining and help with pain. But it does not cycle the uterine lining or control the bleeding at all. The only pill that will do that is a combination pill. One pill to consider would be Lo Loestrin which is a 10 mcg pill. Hope this helps