Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a frozen embryo transfer on the 27th June and found

I had a frozen embryo transfer on the 27th June and found out I was pregnant last week.. Today I would be 5weeks 2 days but have experienced some bleeding. The blood was not bright red more of a dark red and seemed a lot went I wiped but there is none in my underwear. I have slight cramping - please advise
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Many women have mild bleeding early in pregnancy. Sometimes it may be the first sign of a miscarriage, and sometimes it goes away and the pregnancy continues normally.

By the time you're 6 weeks, an ultrasound can usually tell whether this is a normal pregnancy or not. If a heartbeat is seen, then the pregnancy will almost always continue normally. If not, it usually means a miscarriage will occur.

I would call your doctor so that an ultrasound can be scheduled. Sometimes it's also helpful to check your hcg levels.

Whatever will happen is already determined, so there is generally nothing you can do to change it. We usually advise against intercourse or vigorous activity until there has been no bleeding for a week. Best wishes, and I hope a heartbeat will be seen.