Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm on the microgynon 30 ED contraceptive. I usually take my

Customer Question

Hi, I'm on the microgynon 30 ED contraceptive. I usually take my pills everyday at 6PM. Today is day 10 (Sunday) of my pack. As I was about to take today's pill, I realised that I forgot to eat my pill for day 9 (Saturday). Thus I immediately took yesterday's and today's pill. I also had sex last Wednesday (day 6) of the pack. What are my chances of getting pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

I would say there is almost no chance of pregnancy, especially if you don't have sex now for a few days after missing the pill.

Experts nowadays consider a woman still pretty well protected if she only misses one pill, as long as she takes it plus the next one as you did. Such that the current recommendation is that you don't need to do anything special. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even if I had sex Last Wednesday and I took my pills everyday except yesterday, i am still protected?Should I take any emergency pills (plan b)?

I might take Plan B, although I'm not sure it's necessary. It can't hurt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does plan b work after 5 days? And should I take? Since the last time I had sex was Wednesday and the earliest I'll be able to get plan b pills is tomorrow (Monday).

Since the last time you had sex was Wednesday, taking plan b tomorrow won't be helpful.

I think pregnancy is highly unlikely. I would continue your pills as usual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You have much helpful.

You're very welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.