Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had two periods last month I am due my period tomorrow but

Hi, I had two periods last month I am due my period tomorrow but I have had no signs of it coming? I am on the pill
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My periods can be a bit strange but I have the clue app to track them so I can get an idea. I am on noriday which I take every morning. I am a worrier, I don't want to be in a situation that I don't want to be in :-/
Please help
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How long have been on noriday?

How regular have your periods been lately? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been on noriday for around a year now.
They have been regular for about half the year of being on it, they never came as I had been on the depo jag for 4 years. I did about two months ago have a cyst on my right ovary that did burst. I got an internal ultrasound on the 13th of June which came back normal then about a couple of days after I had the second period of the month.

Your periods were regular the first half year, or the second half year?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second half of the year up until last month when I had two.

Irregular bleeding is very common on the minipill. Having 2 periods last month makes it a little more likely that you might miss a period this month.

If your period doesn't come, I would do a pregnancy test. As long as it's negative, you're most likely not pregnant, and this is just side effects of the pill.

Apps for tracking periods aren't usually very helpful unless your periods are quite regular, and many women on the minipill don't have very regular periods.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for your response. I will do a test when I build myself up for it.
I also had a course of amoxicillin in the last week of June for a wisdom tooth and my doctor said they wouldn't affect the the pill. So could they knock them off?

The amoxicillin won't know your periods off, but having a wisdom tooth removal might. Any significant stress could throw off your periods.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I am stressing about it which won't help but do you think I am Over stressing?

It's not possible for me to say whether you are over stressing, but it's certainly possible.

Most likely you're not pregnant. Noriday is a reliable form of birth control. I would try to relax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much!

You're welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Bonuses are also appreciated. Best wishes to you.

Thank you for your payment and rating.