Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I did ask a question related to this yesterday but was

Customer Question

Hi there, i did ask a question related to this yesterday but was wondering if you could provide further advice on this.quick background : i'm 28, sexually active with partner, very regular periods until this one which is now 24 days late i have taken multiple pregnancy tests but all negative, i have been cramping quite often during the last 3 weeks could this be a sign of something more serious? i ask as I've noticed the cramping has been more constant since yesterday night not as bad as the ones i get when menstruating.just for your info I have has other weird subtle symptoms like a brief episode of a metallic taste now and then, aching wrists ( very weird), feeling very tired.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Periods not coming with a negative pregnancy test is something that happens commonly and is usually due to hormonal disturbances that can happen due to various reasons such as:

1. Stress
  2. Thyroid problem
  3. Raised prolactin
  4. Excessive physical exercise

These are the few causes that need to be considered and ruled out.

Does not sound likely to be anything serious.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards