Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm on the microgynon 30 ED contraceptive. Today is Day 25

Customer Question

I'm on the microgynon 30 ED contraceptive. Today is Day 25 of my pack, which means I've already started on my inactive pills. I missed a pill on Day 9 earlier in the pack but immediately took it on Day 10 when I realised it. I also had sex on Day 6.I normally have my 'period' on Day 25 (which is today). However unlike the normal times, my period today is much lighter than usual. I know that it is supposed to be light but today it is ultra light. I did a home pregnancy test yesterday and today morning and both turn up negative.Could I still be pregnant? And that this bleeding is implantation bleeding and not withdrawal bleeding? What are my chances?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Pregnancy is highly unlikely. As long as you had any bleeding, that's usually good evidence that you're not pregnant.

As long as you don't miss more than one pill, pregnancy is very unlikely.

Implantation bleeding doesn't occur around period time.

I wouldn't worry. I would continue your pills as usual. Best regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When would implantation period occur then? And does the ultra light period mean anything?

I don't think that the ultra light means anything.

Implantation bleeding occurs around the time of implantation, which is about 1 week after ovulation and 1 week before an expected period.