Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had an aborsion about 3 months ago just wondering about

Customer Question

I had an aborsion about 3 months ago just wondering about pid i having symptoms such as pain in my vagina and pain after sex and unusual vaginal discharge please !!!where can i go to get yested for it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If you have your own doctor, that is often the best place to go for care. Diagnosing pelvic pain and PID can be difficult, so if possible, I would try to see a good OB/GYN doctor.

Consider going back to the place where you had the abortion. They should be committed to your aftercare from the abortion.

Vaginal pain and pain after sex and unusual discharge could certainly be due to PID. PID is unusual after an abortion, but it certainly can occur. If you have PID, the sooner it's treated, the better the outcome. Best wishes.