Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

My wife has large flat pimples ( diam approx 6mm) and very

Customer Question

My wife has large flat pimples ( diam approx 6mm) and very itchy. They are exterior located on her palps. No internal pimples. The pimples mature in 5-6 days and may weep, fester or bleed and then die away.
She has about 6 of them at the moment and very itchy.
Can you recommend , medication - what are they and how are they cured?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have been waiting on answer for the last 8 mins - now see it could be a day - looking forward to reply.
Thanks Graham hamilton for my wife Tess hamilton
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. What are "palps"

2. Does she had glucose intolerance, pre-diabetes, or diabetes

3. For how long have this been going on?

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi i thought i had already replied and was awaiting reply.
1.The palps are the fleshy areas of the pubic area and surrounding the entry to the vagina.
2. No marites has no diabetes or prediabetes.
3. This has occurred over the last 3 to 4 months a few times.
Rgds marites and graham hamilton

Thank you for your responses.

The fleshy part in the pubic area of a woman are called labia. So it appears she may have either a contact dermatitis or a fungal infection of the labia. Both of these can occur intermittently over time. However the treatment is different.

For the dermatitis this could be caused by an irritation from some agent like soap, bath wash gel, or feminine hygiene product. It is important to find out what is causing the irritation and stop using the product. A mild steroid treatment in a cream form can be used if the itching is annoying or uncomfortable. But the primary treatment is to find the agent causing the irritation.

For the fungal infection, an anti-fungal agent is used to treat it. It is important to make sure she is not eating a lot of sugars and carbohydrates in her diet, as fungi like this kind of environment and will grow steadily. Making sure she is not sharing any items with others, and good hygiene is mandatory to prevent transference of the fungus to other ares as well as from other persons.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.