Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I would like to know if it is possible to be pregnant even

I would like to know if it is possible to be pregnant even though I just had my period. I was on the microgynon 30 ED for ten months, however I stopped taking it three days ago (meaning my last pill from the pack was taken on Thursday, 1st September). During this whole month of August, I had sexthree times. Twice on the 14th August and once on the 25th. The one on the 25th was double protected as even though I was still on the pill then, my bf wore a condom. My period came on the 30th of August (Tuesday) and ended on the 3rd September. Today however, I had a mild tummyache that felt similar to PMS. To give you a better time line:
August - still on the pill for this whole month
14 August - sex twice (pill only, no condom)
25 August - sex once (pill + condom)
30 August - period came
1 September - took my last pill from the pack
2 September - No longer on birth control
3 September - period stopped
With all these said, could I possibly be pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The period that came was the usual withdrawal bleeding that lasted around 4 days.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of town and just got back.

It sounds like it would be highly unlikely that you would be pregnant. When a woman is on the pill, as long as her period comes when expected, we consider that very good evidence that she's not pregnant. If you had been pregnant, your period would not hve come.

I'm pretty sure that whatever symptoms you are feeling now are not from pregnancy. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read somewhere online that the period could have come even during early pregnancy. Or does this not apply to me cause I'm on the pill?Also I'm not sure if I should have stopped taking the pill and perhaps should have continued a new pack to reduce the chances of pregnancy due to the sex I had before my period.

It doesn't apply to you because you're on the pill.

I don't think you needed to continue the pill except for any sex that you have in the future. You were protected by the pill at the time you had sex.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your detailed reply. It is much appreciated.

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.