Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Why after 7 years on no periods and going through menopause,

Customer Question

Why after 7 years on no periods and going through menopause, having experienced my vagina being dry which is normal, would it out of no where, become like an 18 year old again? Lubed up and all natural. Yes I'm married. We have a healthy sex life. I don't have an infection... This has only been happening for 2 days but so out of the blue... And cool! Please tell me why this would happen? Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

What is your age ?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Age 47. No medical problems at all. No medication. Never have been. Never had HRT. Again no problems. The change happened thru ages 38 to 40 whilst on the pill (Trinovum) which according to Dr at the time, masked the menopause symptoms (although not the night sweats but I didn't realise why this was happening).After going off the pill at 40 I just didn't have anymore periods and haven't had for 7 years. I understand the various symptoms that come with menopause and being less lubricated is one of them. Yet the past few days has been the total opposite. Appreciate your help thank you.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your response.

Sorry for my late response due to time zone difference.

Have you gained any weight recently?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. I way 145lbs. I'm 5ft 10 and in good shape. By the way since we have started this conversation, things sadly seem to have reverted 'back to normal'. I did take a cocodamol (is that how you spell it) for my back ache a few days ago? Some one said an estrogen spurt out of no where, but why? And how?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Yes I was about to also say estrogen spurt from the ovaries may have caused this to happen.

Why or how this happens is not exactly known, but one thing is for sure, it does and can happen in some ladies.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards