Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I think I have torn my vagina whilst having sex last night

Customer Question

I think I have torn my vagina whilst having sex last night there was a lot of blood & I'm still bleeding now, it's really sore when I pee & I'm in so much pain, what can I do to try and help? I've attached an image of how bad it looks, I have been suffering with this for the past year everytime I have sex I bleed heavily.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have uploaded the image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This photo might be clearer
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you do have an area of torn tissue at the edge of the vagina.

The vaginal tissues tear if they are dry, or inflamed. Inflammation can occur due to an yeast or bacterial infection. Lack of lubrication can cause the vagina to become dry. Hormonal imbalance, especially if you are around 40-50 years old can also cause a dry vagina and tearing.

Please use an antifungal treatment like Monistat tablets available without a prescription. Apply a warm wet pack to the vulval area to sooth the cut, dry off and then apply a antibacterial ointment like Triple antibiotic ointment to help clear up any bacterial infections.

Apply lubricants while having sex.

If the cuts recur, pleas consult an Obgyn for a checkup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long should I expect for the pain to ease, will it take a long time to heal? X

For the pain to decrease faster, you can take Ibuprofen tablets 200 mg, also available without a prescription. This will also decrase the inflammation. you should see the pain easing within 24 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thankyou very much!

You are welcome. Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a follow up question. I can see that on the right hand side there is a patch of skin that looks silver and lighter than the rest is this normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see it on the previous pictures

Yes, this looks normal - it is probably a result of an earlier infection which has now healed.