Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 29, have PCOS. I have been on the pill for around two

Customer Question

I am 29, have PCOS. I have been on the pill for around two months. I have not had sex for around 3 months. I have since had 3 normal periods (one off the pill, two on). The last week or so I have had strong smelling urine and also bad acid reflux. No nausea etc but sometimes the reflux is making me feel so full I feel sickish. Despite my normal periods I've convinced myself I might be pregnant. I took a test yesterday but ended up having to dip it into the toilet so I don't think it was a fair test (it was negative). What are the likelihood I could be pregnant and still have normal periods/ would I have more symptoms at 3 months pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have also got some pubic pain on the right hand side, just above the bone, with a little bit of swelling- tender to touch
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 10 months ago.

Chances of your being pregnant are almost zero.

When a woman is pregnant, she won't get her period when expected from the pill.

Since you haven't had sex for 3 months, if you were pregnant, you'd be noticing obvious signs of being pregnant.

I would do a valid pregnancy test. Assuming it's negative, you can definitely believe it.
Best regards.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What about implantation bleeding though? I have read that it is still possible to have periods throughout your pregnancy? (My periods have been completely normal by the way not light or shorter).. Also would the reflux and pubic pain not be signs of pregnancy? And as I said I'm getting some stronger smelling urine. Thank you

Implantation bleeding occurs about 2 weeks after a period, not during the time of a period.

Many men and women have reflux, and it's not due to pregnancy. Possibly to stress.

Pubic pain is not a usual sign of pregnancy, nor is stronger smelling urine, which is often caused by diet or dehydration.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it would be unlikely to have normal periods and be pregnant? Can you get any bleeding st the time of your period if you are pregnant? And I read that pelvic pain is very common with pregnant women? Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also read it is possible to smell the hcg in your urine if your pregnant which is what can make it smell stronger?

Periods stop during pregnancy. Although some bleeding is possible, bleeding that occurs during the placebo pills of a pill pack mean that you're not pregnant.

Pelvic pain is fairly common in both pregnant and non pregnant women. It's not a sign of pregnancy.

It is not possible to smell hcg in your urine.

Thank you for your payment and rating.