Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have a bit of a problem. I'v been bleeding on and off for

Customer Question

Hello, I have a bit of a problem. I'v been bleeding on and off for about two weeks now and I'm staring to worry, the blood is black and brown and seems to come when I'm stressed more than often. I'v look online but's all about brith control and pregnancy but I'v never even had sex or taken birth control so I'm really confused
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 months ago.

This is likely just a variation in your cycle due to late or nonexistent ovulation for the month. If you are not at risk of std or on birth control it is nothing to worry about. The blood is not due to stress or worry. The cycle should become more normal as your next period starts.

Is it possible that you may have forgotten a tampon from your last period? You may be able to check for it.