Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Im 36 I usually have regular 28 day period cycle last month

Customer Question

Hi Im 36 I usually have regular 28 day period cycle last month I had period 19 days apart and this month 15 days apart is this menopause / what could this be ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

No this is not menopause. Menopause is the absence of a period for a year or more. You are not likely having periods this close. More likely you are having break through bleeding. If you are on the pill or birth control, it may be a side effect of the birth control. If you are at risk of stds you should be tested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not on birth control for years I had desperate pain last month when it was 19 days between my period
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You should do a pregnancy test to be sure you are not pregnant. The bleeding you had at 19 days could have been ovulation.