Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I have come up with this weird rash on my buttocks, I have

Customer Question

I have come up with this weird rash on my buttocks, I have attached a photo. What could this be? Had rough intercourse with a partner and he slapped me a few times there, could this be the cause? Worried it's something bad like herpes l
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. How long has this been present? How long after the rough sex did it appear?

2. When it first appeared were there any blisters? fever?

3. Have you used any new hygiene products (soaps, laundry detergent, creme, perfumes, etc)? If so, how long ago in relation to onset of rash?

4. What have you been putting on it?
5. Does it itch? If so is the itching more at a certain time of day?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it only noticed it yesterday so 3 days after sex. I wasn't feeling well on Tuesday. I havnt used any products and it doesn't really itch

Thank you for your response.

The appearance does not look like herpes (HSV), which have a blister appearance and the area is usually smaller and more localized. Given the history of rough sex this has most likely come from the harsh rubbing on whatever surface the activity took place. this may take several days before it clears up. Since it is not itching there shouldn't be any further injury to the area.

From the pictures it appears that the area has been scratched as the lesions appear open. So it if doesn't itch then try to avoid rubbing the area so it does not become infected. Keep the area clean and dry. and avoid clogging the area with lotions or cremes. by next week your skin should be back to normal

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have scratched it a little but it looks much better today than it was last night. Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear it is improving. You are most welcomed

Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my time and feel free to ask for me for your next health question

Have a great day!