Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had intercourse on the 28th of September and 8 days later

Customer Question

Hi Doctor
I had sexual intercourse on the 28th of September and 8 days later I had a normal
period but I haven't got my period this month and didn't have sex since the 28th September. Could I be pregnant
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I should have had my period on or around the 5th November and have been waiting anxiously for them. As its 3 weeks
over that date, what are my chances of been pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 7 months ago.

Since you had a normal period after having sex, the chance of your being pregnant are almost zero.

It's not unusual for a woman age 50 to miss periods. If you haven't missed periods before this, you likely will be missing periods in the future.

Also, pregnancy is rare at age 50, although it's not impossible. We recommend using something for birth control until you go one year without a period. Best regards.