Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had a encounter 2 days ago in which I used a condom.

Customer Question

I had a sexual encounter 2 days ago in which I used a condom. however there was some kissing and blowjob without a condom. what are the chances of getting an STD that way. should I be worried and get checked.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
You can acquire herpes through receptive oral sex. It's pretty hard to acquire an std using a condom. There's no way to be tested for herpes this soon, if you have no symptoms. There's really nothing to check and nothing you can do. Sorry.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what are the early signs of herpes ? and is it the only thing i should be worried about ? it was a brief oral encounter for like 10 secs or so. the actual intercourse was with a condom. also how often does it happen with oral ? i always assumed its safe. or it rarely happens.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
There aren't any early stages of herpes. The first sign is burning and tingling followed by blisters about a day or two later. There's not much else to worry about with oral sex. It's rare but can occur.