Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I am 32. 59kg and been between 55kg and 65kg my whole

Customer Question

I am 32. 59kg and been between 55kg and 65kg my whole life.always done mild exercise. No children, no hysterectomy. I have fibromyalgia. Had rectal and abdominal pain for 5 years, including chronic constipation and faecal impaction in the past. Recently have been diagnosed with : obstructive defecation and chronic constipation, excessive descent of the pelvic floor on defecations with prolapse. Large anterior Rectocele that mostly empties on defecation. Mild intra anal intussusception and significant enterocele noted o further emptying.
Can you please advise ( I am aware that you can't be specific) how long it would take for those symptoms to have occurred? I have been open to the gastroenterology department for six years and even suffering extreme pain for years, it was only when I begged to see a colorectal surgeon this year that they investigated me seriously and now I have been diagnosed with the above. Is it likely that this could've been prevented? And is it likely that this has happened over a period of years? I would basically like to know whether this should have been spotted over the last six years or whether it is something that could've just declared randomly. Also are these conditions interlinked thus impacting each other or are they separate from eachother?and is it likely they have worsened over time? For Example, had I had a proctogram two / three years ago is it likely these issues would've been present and if so, would they be Less severe?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.