Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I'm 38 years old. On Friday I found a pea sized lump in my

Hello, I'm 38 years old. On Friday I found a pea sized lump in my vagina. It is quite high up. I was initially probing around because I thought that I had a prolapse. I was a little constipated and felt something feel as if it popped out inside of my vagina. It felt as if I had an egg stuck there. When I stood up I could very obviously feel it. I inserted my finger and pushed it back. This is when I found the pea sized lump that I am now more concerned about. I have not had further problems with the prolapse since.I can not find the lump now, but am pretty sure that it's there somewhere. I checked on Saturday and cold not find it, but then did find it later on. I'm now back to not being able to find it. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign.My maternal grandmothers sister died very young of womb cancer. I'm not sure if that is a close link. I have also been experiencing heavier periods for about 6-9 months, but had thought that it might be an early menopause sign?Many thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I'm not sure if my question got registered as I cannot login. When I was asked to set up an account it showed that I already had one. It will not let me login to this! I have paid via PayPal, but not sure how I will receive a response unless I can just leave this screen open.My email address is;***@******.***Thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. A pea size lump is most likely a sebaceous cyst and nothing concerning. I double you would have prolapse at only 38. None of this is related to endometrial cancer which would also be rare in a 38 year old. Heavy periods are not a sign of menopause. Menopause is a complete cessation of bleeding.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just wondering if this question has come through? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your response. It is very reassuring!I had read that periods can become much heavier prior to menopause. I had put the last 6 months of heavy periods down to this (it is unusual for me to have that much bleeding). My maternal Grandmother went through the menopause a little younger than me. My mother had an early hysterectomy, I think due to heavy periods.I am obviously relieved to hear that a prolapse is unlikely, however, I wonder what it was that happened on Friday night? I definiteky had to push something back into place. It was so incredibly noticeable as I stood up and walked.Finally, if it was to be the worst case scenario, should I be aware of any other symptoms to watch out for? I guess that Endometrial cancer might cause pain/weight loss etc? I am a healthy weight and this has not altered for years.Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.
A prolapse cannot be just pushed into place. Endometrial cancer is pretty much nonexistent in a 38 year old. It doesnt cause pain or weight loss until years and years. Just irregular bleeding.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help.