Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I'm and have just come from hospital, after vaginal

I'm 69 and have just come from hospital, after vaginal ultrasound,, MRI and X-ray, these were done because I had had vaginal bleeding.No cancer was found but it will be checked in 3 months with ultrasound again..Is it very possible I will get cancer.?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience

There can be several reasons for bleeding after the menopause. The most common causes are: inflammation and thinning of the vaginal lining (atrophic vaginitis) or womb lining (endometrial atrophy).

Bleeding is common symptom of endometrial or uterine cancer after menopause. It can also signal vaginal or cervical cancer.Probably your doctors want to review the case after 3 months to make sure they don't miss a case of early cancer.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a hysterectomy so no uterus,cervix. This op was for a fibroid.Is vaginal cancer possible to treat?Thank you.

Vaginal cancer is a very rare type of cancer.

For all cases of vaginal cancer combined, the relative 5-year survival is about 50%