Welcome to just answer
RLS is seen in around 16% of pregnant women, more so in ladies that have had it before. Unfortunately, most of the medicines for RLS are not recommended during pregnancy. Good news is that, the symptoms go away after 6 months of pregnancy and there is no harm to the baby.
Things that you can do are -
- Try stretching legs, get a massage, use hot or cold packs, take warm baths, or practice relaxation techniques before going to bed
- ask your health care provider for any increase in dose of folates, vitamin B12 or iron than the present prenatal vitamins
- avoid caffeine, antihistaminic (allergy medicines) - these worsen the RLS
- avoid lying for long time or watching TV in bed before going to sleep
- Quinine in tonic water helps in reducing the symptoms. But take it only after talking to your doctor.
Hope this information is helpful