Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Could I be pregnant? Unprotected sex on Day 10 of cycle.

Customer Question

Could I be pregnant? Unprotected sex on Day 10 of cycle. Took morning after pill 9 hours after sex. Have a urine infection, sore breasts and feeling sick. Pregnancy test is negative. Due on period 13th November
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My period started 16th October. Unprotected sex 25th October. Are the symptoms the pill or am I pregnant?
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Morning after pill is more effective the sooner you take it. If you take morning after pill within 24 hours of unprotected sex it is about 95% effective.

As such chances of pregnancy are less likely especially since you took morning after pill 9 hours after sex.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
With it being Day 10 of cycle am I fertile? Would this also decrease the chances? Also can the morning after pill cause breast pain and urine infection

Yes it should also decrease the chances.

In general, a woman's fertile window is the day of ovulation (usually 12 to 16 days before the menstrual period begins)

Side effects of morning after pill include

Nausea or vomiting.

Dizziness.

Fatigue.

Headache.

Breast tenderness

Lower abdominal pain or cramps