Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  Master Office Equipment Technician
23511658

Hi,I have a RICOH GX e3300N and it will not power up.The

Customer Question

I have a RICOH GX e3300N and it will not power up.
The light only turn on for a second and turn off!!
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

This may be a hardware failure requiring service. But before making that determination, you can reset the printer by unplugging from the computer and from mains for about 10 minutes. Then plug back into the mains and see if the printer will come on. This should reset the printer and allow it to power up, or at least provide an error if it does not power up. Please let me know the result and we can go from there.

Most important is if it displays anything indicating the type of error it encounters or if it just turns off with no sign of an error.

Mike
SQ10
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

I have done that, no difference.

no error as it does not power up that long.

I know about the hardware problem, I have had a look on the internet!!

It was working ok, could I have selected a menu option?

John

Do you mean selecting a menu option to overcome the hardware problem?

I'm afraid that's not possible. When I say that it has a hardware failure, I mean that a component inside has failed and will require physical replacement in order to get it back up and running.

If you are asking if it's something you could have done by selecting a particular menu item on the printer? No, no... there's absolutely nothing you could have done from the menu or the computer that would cause this.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

Well that has not helped at all, there is nothing I did not already know

I will leave feedback, and I trust a refund?

John

John, I can only provide you with accurate information . I do not have direct control over the situation with the printer - I can only assess what exists. I'm sure you wouldn't want me to take up your time telling you to try various things if I already know what can or cannot be done.

I have nothing to do with refunds or with your account. If you do provide a rating, please keep in mind that it should only reflect my level of service. I am not compensated for my time unless I receive a favorable rating. Even with a favorable rating, I am not compensated if you receive a refund. But they are two separate steps. So please to leave a negative rating.

You can request a refund using the contact us link below.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mike

nothing personal, but your advice did not help

I have asked for a refund

John

Have a nice weekend.