Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Hi I have replaced my Y drum on my OkiC5600 but it wont

Customer Question

I have replaced my Y drum on my OkiC5600 but it won't reset.

HELP!!!!
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you are sure that the drums you are using are genuine Oki -made OEM issue, then you can reset the drums, toner, and fuser back to 100 % this way - if it works on your exact model of printer:

- Hold down both the up and the down button at the same time, and while holding them down, power On the Oki printer.
- When the machine has fully turned on, release both the buttons, and then scroll the menu window down to 'Engine dialog mode'.
- Press the ENTER button.
- Diagnostic Mode ought to be indicated, and S-Mode. (If it is not, stop here and Reply to me and I will advise you further.)
- Scroll up or down to 'NV-RAM INITIAL'.
- Press the Enter button.
- Press Online and Enter buttons at the same time for over 12 seconds after a reasonable pause.
- Restart the printer.

If the above is N/A to your printer model, then there is also this procedure:

- From an Off state, hold down the Menu button and turn On the printer, you should get into 'User Maintenance' mode. (If you don't, try it again after a little wait... or else stop here and Reply to me about it.)
- Release the Menu button.
- Press the Menu button (after a pause), three times.
- 'Counter reset' or 'drum counter reset' should be on the display at this point. (If not, stop here, and Reply to me about it.)
- Press the Enter button. (If needed, pause a moment, then press the On-Line key.)

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.