Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

How can I get the fax to work with windows XP 64 bit HP officejet

Customer Question

How can I get the fax to work with windows XP 64 bit HP officejet 6700 the installation disc does not work with 64 bit
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Do the printer and scanner part of the machine work with your computer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES

g

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a fee based Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

It appears Freddy has opted out for some reason so I'll take over where he left off.

If the disk is giving you problems, no worries; It's best to use the latest Driver Software from the HP Site anyways. Here's a direct link to the latest Driver Software for your 6700. It is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109007-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=5058338&sw_lang=

I hope my services have earned me a Positive Rating today. If I can be of anymore help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Carl L