Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have one of your scanners scanjet 4670 it has an intermittent,

Customer Question

I have one of your scanners scanjet 4670 it has an intermittent, on ocassion the light does not come on and therfore it does not scan. I have had it some time and wonder if it is worth repairing, if you think not then I would like something simular to replace it can you contact me [email protected] XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
It sounds like you think this is HP, this is a paid tech support site called JustAnswer and not affiliated with HP.
However I do work on HP and all other manufacturers devices daily if you would like me to help you.
If you want to cancel instead just reply with the word cancel.
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

carry on if you think you can help me but I don't think the machine is worth spending a lot of money on. Bryan

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How old is it? It would depend on what it needs but can tell you that it will most likely need a part replaced. It sounds like you are going to need to replace the lamp in order to fix it. To be sure try to scan and let me know if the scanner mechanism the bar that moves across moves properly. If you would rather look for a replacement I can help you with that as well. I would just need to know the version of windows or mac on your computer and your price range.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Price range would be 50 th 80 £ but I only need scanner. Bryan

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok what version of windows or mac is on the computer it would be connected to?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX price range I would recommend this: Click Here The ratings themselves can actually show why I recommend it. You should see an improvement in quality from your current scanner using it as well. It is also currently one of the top selling machines so if it had any major problems they would have shown up by now. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What more do you need to know?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
What is happening when you try to install it?
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been onto Canon and installed the correct drivers and followed there instructions on getting the scanner to work on 7 but the computer does not recognize it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I also need to mention that since this is unrelated to your HP which is what I worked on with you, for this Canon since it is a different machine you would need to open a new question which would not be free since it is unrelated to the HP. The lide 210 is compatible with windows 7 so it could be something on your computer preventing it's installation like a firewall. In order to get help for this free you would need to call this number: 020 7660 0186 Tell them the machine is brand new and they should be able to help you set it up.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your charge for our first session was extortionate and I intend to appeal against it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It is against site policy for me to continue helping you but I will anyway, do you want me to help you or do you want me to put in a refund request for you? Please note that would mean you have also forced me to work for free the entire time we worked together. I am only paid a small percetage of whatever this site charged you (I am not told what) if you actually pay.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid £28 and expected more. Just tell me what you think, if you do help me I will not ask for a refund

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I have sent a message to those above me to see what I can do as I am not supposed to help with completely unrelated issues. You chose your fee when you originally post your question and it is against the terms of service for you to try and force me to work on something unrelated. I will be able to continue with you when he gets back to me or he will most likely post here. If I can continue without any chance of losing my pay with you for a question I already worked with you on I will.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok what happens when you try to install? You said you installed the correct driver how do you know it was the correct one? Is the usb cable connected properly and is it loose at all on either end? Does the driver installation finish successful or give you an error? How are you trying to scan?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

drivers go in as they should. When I used it on xp i scanned successfully with it no problem all connectons are tight and they computer accepts it is connected. Do you think I should get in touch with Canon and ask about the drivers?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I can give you drivers if they are the wrong ones, but you said you installed the correct ones. That is why I asked how you knew they were the correct ones? Where did you get them? Also how are you trying to scan in order to test it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got thew drivers from Canon but I dont know if they are the right ones or not

when I scan I go through the start/all programes /Canon utilities/MP Navigator x 4/ MP Navigator x4 again and then i get an erroe message cannot support MP Navigator

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that actually sounds like the scanner is installed but MP navigator is conflicting with something else on your computer. We can test that by trying to scan in a different program and seeing if you get an error.

Click on start.
Type in paint and press enter.
Click on file and then on from scanner or camera.
Choose your scanner and see if you can scan or not using this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Type in paint and press enter!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Yes on windows 7 after you click start when you start typing the bottom search programs and files box will have what you type in. If you type paint and press enter on the keyboard paint will open. Otherwise you can open it this way:

Click on start.
All programs.
Accessories.
System tools.
Paint.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

same result

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What was the exact error? Paint should not give a navigator error as navigator was not being used at all.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I go to paint paint comes up and I can use it (paint that is)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
So you can scan properly in paint? Clicking on file then scanner or camera you were able to choose it and scan properly?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Scan is not highlighted in paint

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok thank you that is what I need to know. Uninstall all Canon programs as well as the scanner. Start>Control Panel> Uninstall programs. For the scanner Start>Printers and Devices if it is there click on it and then click on remove device near the top if it is not listed skip this. Then disconnect the usb cable from the computer. Restart and then come back here and let me know you have restarted. Do not do anything else yet.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am diabetic and I must now have a meal I will get someone to look at this computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Noproblem, you can take all the time you need to get back to me.
.