Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Callers/Recipients cannot hear my voice on the Samsung SF 330

Callers/Recipients cannot hear my voice on the Samsung SF 330 telephone but I can hear them. (The mute button is not on.) Please can you help?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Since the Samsung SF330 fax-phone is not an over-internet system, you do not have a problem with anything except, perhaps:

1: the handset may have a defective microphone. Check it however you can, or unplug that handset and plug another into it temporarily (if possible) for testing purpose.
2: the phone cord or phone cable may have a defective wire in it, or a defect in a jack at either end, so please replace the phone line or phone cord.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks but I haven't got it working - so probably just going to dump it!! I cannot try no. 1 as I have no way of getting another handset. I have checked and changed the phone cable (no.2).

Almost any handset will do for testing, at least - it doesn't have to fit in the cradle or in fact have anything about it that matches up with your faxphone, except one crucial thing: the cable jack. If your faxphone has a 2-pin cable jack, then your testing/replacement handset will have to have a 2-pin cable jack.

But if it's easier for you to just dump (or preferably recycle) the faxphone, then so be it.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. (If you think my help with the case was/is good enough to be worth paying for, by all means please rate my Answer - hopefully, favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have on your question. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX luck!)