Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

FaxPro 755 Good morning from the UK I have a Philips FaxPro

Customer Question

FaxPro 755
Good morning from the UK

I have a Philips FaxPro PPF 755 and enjoy it very much but I have a small problem that needs your advice and assistance.

Firstly - when the phone rings, it rings for 5 - 6 times then there is silence. Sometimes when I pick up the handset, the person ringing has rung off because they think the phone is no longer ringing out at my end. How can I get the phone to ring for a longer time? As I am disabled, I cannot get to the phone quickly so need a longer ringing time.

Secondly - when the phone rings and I am upstairs and pick up another handset, if I do it quickly, the FaxPro engages the answerphone and interupts the phone call. Is this a separate problem from the first question or both part of the same problem?

Finally - how can I disengage the Fax part of the machine as I do not need it. I only want to use the FaxPro as a copier. I wonder if the fax element is interrupting the use of the machine.

I have the excellent User Manual but cannot find an answer to these difficulties.

Your kind assistance would be most welcome.

Best wishes

Jane
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first question would be a matter of increasing the number of rings before the fax picks up (if that is what determines those 5 or 6 rings.)

The second question would be a matter of the number of rings before the ansaphone picks up on the call... I think.

The last question, as to disabling the fax functions... may or may not be possible. I am researching the matter, and will post again when I have the answers to these three questions. Expect another post in about another hour or less.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Russell

1. I have tried to increase the number of rings. Can you let me know how I do this in case I am doing it incorrectly?

2. The answerphone is a problem because it interupts the ordinary phone call and we have to wait until it stops There are about 5 rings then there is a silence. The person calling does not know if they are connected so sometimes ring off but during the silence after the initial rings, the answerphone kicks in Ideally, I want a very long ring time before the answer phone kicks in because I am disabled and cannot get to the phone quickly enough. Hope this helps. Jane

As for the number of rings before the ansaphone rings... that is in the manual in section 10:

see the sub-sections about Setting the Fax Switch, and then the sub-section about Setting the Day Mode. That contains instructions on setting the number of rings before the answering machine picks up.

As for switching the fax Off - section 6, Fax, and sub-section titled 'Receiving Fax Manually' has the answer:
if you set the faxes to be received manually, basically that switches the fax reception functions Off (unless you press a button) which essentially disables the fax.

And as for the other problem - I think that's taken care of by the above too, aside from what I forgot to mention about the first problem, that you also have to set the Night Mode, either the time or the lack of any ringing. The number of rings for night mode (when ringing is not disabled) evidently is set in the Day Mode settings.

Please rate my Answer - favorably I would expect - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your case. I hope my advice works fine! and good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Russell for your assistance. Have not tried it yet but will tomorrow. I seemed to think it might have been a settings problem with the fax element so am pleased to get confirmation that this is your thought on the matter. I am satisfied wih your efforts today. Many thanks Jane

Thank you for your courtesy and your praise, Jane. I would be well pleased if I hear from you that my recommendations work to serve your requirements.

Let me know, at your convenience. Thanks.