Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

How can I uninstall the drivers etc for the canon lide 100

Customer Question

How can I uninstall the drivers etc for the canon lide 100 scaner from my

mac it is running on os x 10.9

Once I have uninstalled the canon I would like to know how I can get my new  epson perfection V370 scanner to appear as my default scanner I have installed it and updated the software to make it compatible to my mac but the touch buttons do not function and I have to open it from the applications folder it is running sluggish but does scan and copy to printer

Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

1. to uninstall those Canon drivers completely, you first should unhook/disconnect the scanner from the computer.
Then you have to remove the scanner from the list of scanners.
Then you have to also uninstall the Canon Scan software. This will include not only running the Uninstall routine (if any) provided with the Canon Scan software, but also going to the folder for Canon Scan (or for Canon LiDE) in Applications/ or Applications/Canon/.
Then you should restart your computer.

2. after the complete clearing of the Canon driver *and* the Canon software too, from the computer, and the clearing of the memory by restarting, then installing your Epson should be unimpeded and it should be able to become the default scanner.
But that may require that your disconnect the Epson scanner, remove the driver, and uninstall the Epson software, then restart, then install the Epson scanner drivers for 10.9, then the software for it also, connecting the Epson scanner up to the computer only once it is required that you do so.

I hope this advice helps. Let me know what happens, or if you need assistance with details. Thanks.