Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

hi my sharp mx2700n photocopier keeps asking me to remove paper

Customer Question

hi my sharp mx2700n photocopier keeps asking me to remove paper from centre tray! there are no jams and i have removed the paper but still the same message keeps appearing
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it probable that a sensor switch, that senses the presence of paper, is jammed down, or otherwise fouled or indicating falsely. Look carefully for any small switch-like element that might be depressed by the passage of a sheet of paper, or any small optical element that might have a touch of dust in it that would indicate something like the presence of a sheet of paper.

Clean out or otherwise remedy any such thing so found to be faulty.

Also make sure the paper trays are seated correctly and have nothing abnormal about the end that goes into the printer.

If nothing can be seen, turn the copier Off for 15+ minutes. And try again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have switched off the copier and waited a while, switched it back on and the message '' remove paper from centre tray'' had gone, but as soon after it printed the first page, the message came back on!

When you switch off the copier again, then wait 2 minutes or so, then turn it On again and print again without doing *anything* else - not clearing paper, not tweaking the paper trays, nothing - what happens?