Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have to replace the Fuser Unit on Samsung CLX3185FN. How

Customer Question

I have to replace the Fuser Unit on Samsung CLX3185FN. How do I do this?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Remove the right cover of the printer.
Remove both connectors (see photo below):

Remove the 4 screws fixing the fuser:

Move the handle as shown on the photo:

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response. You have told me to remove the right cover of the printer but I cannot see a right cover - do you mean at the side of the printer. I have tried to remove the side cover but there is no way it will move. There is a front cover which I have opened, but I cannot see any sign of a fuser

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
This video is for another issues but shows how to open the cover: Click Here
The images above show the connectors, and screws (2nd picture) for the fuser.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I have watched the video which is for a Samsung CLX 3175. Mine is a Samsung CLX 3185 FN and seems to have a different side panel. Can you check this please

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
All CLX 31xx machines should use the same panels.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This side panel is not the same as the one shown on the video. The side panel does not have a means at the bottom of it to release the panel - so the 3185 must be slightly different

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Check the other side, all samsung machines have a panel on one side or the other that clip on the way shown in the video. I was able to check and both the 3175 and 3185 are built the same way the only changes were software related.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The other side is exactly the same. When I opened the back panel I could see the fuser unit. Is it not possible to remove it from the back?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You need to get to the connectors, the screws, and the handle shown on the pictures I sent you above. You can only get to them by removing the right hand panel which should be clipped on. The left hand panel is normally attached with a locked spring. The clips are the same type as a car door panel, but a lot smaller. The machine in the video I sent you has the same hardware as the 3185 so it should be done the same way. I also want to make sure you know that if you have never done this before it is not something you should do yourself, if the fuser is not replaced properly you can damage the logic board.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait until my son gets home later and ask him to help me. This will be later in the evening. Will you be available?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I am in the EST USA so I am not 100% sure but if I am offline when you reply, I will reply as soon as I can.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy. I cannot rate your service yet as the problem has not as yet been resolved
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you got an email about that you can ignore it, they are automated I can not control that. Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy

I am waiting until my son can help me with this. I will contact you as soon as he is free.

Gwen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freddy

I have now had 15 emails asking for me to rate the service Can you please stop them

Gwen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I mentioned before I have no control over those, they are automated. You can ignore them. I have no way of stopping them I am only a professional on this site, I haver no control over anything on the site itself.
.