Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Samsung FF 760p fax machine. This machine has started to connect

Samsung FF 760p fax machine. This machine has started to connect to a mobile number, not the number dialed by us. How to correct this? Old fax machine doesn't do it.
Any help much appreciated.
Helen
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What sort of phone line service do you have, please? I doubt that the phone line produced the problem, but I need to check.

Do you know what the dialing prefix ( or, first three or four numbers ) of the mobile number in question is ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

Our phone line is FSB Telecom. Unable to get the numbers

you asked for. Number is ***** recognized anymore and tells

us to redial and try again.

I find it a puzzling case, indeed.

Do you have another fax machine to try on that line? if not, try a regular voice phone on the exact line the fax runs on, disconnecting it from the fax to plug in to the regular voice phone. Try dialing out with the voice phone there, and see whether it can connect as usual.
This tests whether the line or anything else on it is at fault. If the call goes through just fine, that confirms that the problem is indeed with the fax machine and not with the line or switchboard/PBX/phone service/etc.

If the problem is with the fax, would you be willing to do a hard reset on it, that might wipe out all phone #s stored on it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The phone line is okay, so how do we reset the fax. We have no idea

how to wipe the memory clean of numbers.

In the machine's menu/settings system, go to

Press MENU
System Setup
Clear Setup
All Settings
and confirm that reset. Your Samsung faxing device will be reset to factory settings, and all individual data will be wiped off it.

If the problem persists, a firmware update might get rid of the tendency perhaps.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience: 10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.