Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Im getting an error message SC28112 on my Ricoh AficioSG3110DN

Im getting an error message SC28112 on my Ricoh AficioSG3110DN Printer can you please advice me how to fix error
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the machine? Have you replaced any parts yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a year old now in Dec No havent replaced any parts has been used very little

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok since it is under a year old it should be under warranty still, is it the same error number every time?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes same error

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok most Ricoh codes are only 3 numbers after the SC normally when they are not they start with an E instead of SC, can you double check that? You gave me 8112 did you mean 821?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes its SC (28112)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it saying anything else like SC 411 as well or only that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is exactly what it says when turned on SC (28112) power off on call service if error reoccurs

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK that normally indicates a board failure usually the power supply board. It can be caused by other things as well but when it is usually gives a different error number. Call this number 0208(###) ###-####since it is less than a year old you should be able to get the part replaced under warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Ricoh.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is that the no. I ring from Ireland

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes it is the UK number I do notbelieve there is one specifically for ireland other than that.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you ill try it thanks for your help

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.