Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

My Samsung Inkjet Fax SF-360 displays :" Remove jammed paper-

My Samsung Inkjet Fax SF-360 displays :" Remove jammed paper- press Stop/Clear".
I cannot find any jammed paper nor any other debris.
Please advise - thank you
Fredric v. Oppenheim
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Was there originally a paper jam?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok turn the machine off and unplug it. Then hold any button for 60 seconds. Plug it back in and turn it on. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After unplugging , pressing for a minute the Start button and replugging in I wanted to make a photocopy: it scanned alright, then it pulled down the sheet of paper about two inches, then the display said again "paper jammed press Stop/clear". I pulled up the sheet, pressed "stop/clear" and it made a familiar noise but message "paper jammed-press stop/clear" still shows.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is a very bad sign, did it jam as soon as the paper entered?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After the scan the blank sheet rolled into the machine for about two inches, then stopped.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok the next step would be to remove all paper and blow out the feeder with compressed air. Canned duster works just as well. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All done, no result.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Does the exact same thing happen? How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same thing!
Machine bought new 6 years ago. It is in our holiday house and therefor little used and only by myself.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately even if you have an extended warranty it would not longer be covered as the longest coverage is 5 years. One last thing to try would be to get it to allow you to feed a page again and try a thick piece of paper like cardstock. I really hate to tell you this but if it jams with that as well unfortunately it means the feeder has failed and needs to be replaced. This is the part responsible for feeding the paper through and unfortunately is the most expensive part to replaced. Due to that some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sofar you gave me common sense advise applicable to all sorts of office equipment. Are you familiar with the particular fax machine Samsung SF 360?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes I am and even told you which part caused this. It is impossible to fix a machine that has a failing part without replacing the part. I have no idea what you expected me to tell you but the problem you are having is caused by the feeder failing and is an assembly inside the machine that consists of both gears and rollers. This is the part responsible for feeding the paper through and unfortunately is the most expensive part to replaced. Due to that some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.