Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Brother dcp-9045cdn will not copy or scan

Customer Question

Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What error condition is showing on the printer, please? lights status? error message? when you attempt to do a photocopy, for instance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

Just comes up with a message will not scan

What is the error message? in full and exactly, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

Apparently it will do a duplex copy but when trying to do a copy the machine just beebs and no message or error code shows up on the screen. Thats all I can tell you

George

Please explain a little as to what you mean by a 'duplex copy'.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

At first my partner said it will not scan or copy. It will print both sides but if you place the document under the scanner it will not copy or scan The machine just beeps

Thanks again

There may be a stuck paper sensing switch in the document feeder on top of the printer.

Check for a little switch-like element, that could be depressed by the presence of a sheet of paper, in the feeder on top, which might be stuck in the 'down' position.

This would signal to the printer's control circuits, that paper was in the top feeder, when it isn't, and cause an error.

Also check as to whether 2-sided copying is chosen as an option - if so, you may have to scan/copy in the top feeder, obligatorily.

Let me know. Thanks.