Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My Dahle 41330 shredder will only take one piece of paper at

Customer Question

My Dahle 41330 shredder will only take one piece of paper at a time and doesn't shred that properly (it doesn't take the paper in and shred it in one go but keeps pushing the paper in and out until it eventually goes through but that only happens if you physically push the paper through and takes ages). I have tried adjusting the paper quantity settings and the factory settings but neither of these make any difference.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds to me as if the shredder might be slightly jammed with paper fragments.

Unplug it, after switching it Off.

Remove the covers, and use a wooden object like a popsicle stick or an old pencil (if that's thin enough) to prod / pry any wads of paper out of the machine.

Don't be rough in doing so, there are some parts in the shredder, despite its fairly sturdy construction, that could be broken. Esp., a sensor switch (or two) that detect the presence of paper.

I advise this, because it sounds as if your shredder is sensing a jam, and reversing in order to expel the jam.