Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Canon CLC 1100 copier. Showing fault E00004 0000. The fuse

Canon CLC 1100 copier. Showing fault E00004 0000. The fuse on the power board (FH6-3904) is okay. Any idea what might be at fault?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The power board was a good though however oil pump makes no sense. This error is caused by one of 3 things. The power board, the thermistor, or the fixing unit. It is common and it is almost always caused by the fixing unit also sometimes called the fuser needing to be replaced. The part number is ***** The pump normally gives a E008 error not 004. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy, I have relayed your info to my brother in law and have to apologize, he now tels me the code IS E008! He replaced the pump with the one from the 2nd copier he bought and reset the fault on the engineer's board. But when the fuser gets up to temp the copier throws up the E008 fault again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
E008 has multiple possibilities just like 004 and one of them is the fixing unit. From what you are describing that is the cause since it is happening when getting to temp. E008 can be the pump, a counter pcb (wouldn't need to get to temp) or the fixing unit itself. One more possible reason is a cracked belt so make sure to check any belts you see for cracks and splits. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Freddy, Would there be any chance you would know the part No. for the fixing unit, and where to locate it in the copier? Paul, my B-I-L, says the belts appear to be in good order.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The part number is ***** the fixing unit is the fuser, they are the same thing. If you have a working fuser in the other machine you could swap them to test.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.
.