Viet - Office Tech
Viet - Office Tech, Office Equipment Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot office equipment devices.
30037186

I have a Canon Lide 210 scanner, which worked perfectly with

I have a Canon Lide 210 scanner, which worked perfectly with my old Dell Inspiron laptop which has recently died on me. Today I have taken delivery of a brand new Hewlett Packard laptop and have attempted to install the scanner using the supplied installation disc. I have taken care to follow all of the prompts and opted for the Easy Install. Following installation, I have noticed that only the Solution Menu and the online menu appear to have been installed. When I click on the Solution Menu I am met with the following error message: "A driver supporting Solution Menu EX is not installed". I have uninstalled everything and have made further attempts, taking care to follow and click on all of the appropriate prompts as before, and yet again I meet with the same outcome. Can you help me please.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Viet - Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your new laptop have windows 8?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your reply. I am using a HP G2 Quad Core Windows 7 Pro laptop (as described by Amazon, from who I made the purchase). I will be out of the house for a while, but would be willing to engage in a remote support session if you're still around at, say, 15:00 GMT. Please email me back if this is acceptable and we can hopefully take it from there. I now realise that I made a slight error in my original question, which should have stated that it was the On-screen manual and the Solution Menu EX that were installed. Grateful if you can get back to me.

David

I'm sorry, are you available now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am here now if you want to begin the session. Sorry for my absent mindedness!

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8e755782-7c8f-4583-86a6-2b926ee1e509

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Working on issue, thanks.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.