Viet - Office Tech
Viet - Office Tech, Office Equipment Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot office equipment devices.
30037186

Russell, I have a Canon MG6250. Am trying to scan wirelessly

Hi Russell, I have a Canon MG6250. Am trying to scan wirelessly to my Mac. Can print from Mac and Windows and ipad and iphone, and although I could scan it is not working now and always comes up with an error wanting me to attach a USB cable. Very frustrated!!
Marion
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Viet - Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Marion! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to scan from Windows?

Are you using the application called MP Navigator EX to scan? If yes, can you go to Preferences in the MP Navigator EX application, and check the scanner item drop-down list there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The software I'm using is called Canon Solution Menu Ex, which does take me to MP Navigator Ex 5.0. I have checked the preferences. There is no option for wireless, just autoscan. I cannot get to preferences from the drop down menu just from the open window.

1. Are you still able to scan from the Windows computer?

2.After clicking on Preferences in MP Navigator EX application, do you see the item called "Product Name:"? If yes, what is currently showing on the right of it? Then click on the drop-down list menu on the right of it, what do you see? How many item(s) are there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry havent tried the windows computer. That is my son's and I never use it. I know he can print from it. I use an iMac.

Have just checked product name and seen that it has an MG6250 Network option. Am just trying to see if scanning works now.

I'll let you know. Thanks.

You're welcome. So Network option was not selected previously right? For wireless canning, Network option has to be selected. OK, please try, then let me know; I will troubleshoot further as needed. Please reply back. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it worked. Thanks!

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Experience: Troubleshoot office equipment devices.