Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have a VERy old desktop photocopier, at least 18years in

I have a VERy old desktop photocopier, at least 18years in our house and several more in my sister's business, -a Canon FC 330, which is coming up with the flashing message E 1. If I switch it off + on again, it comes up with a C instead. The Canon phone help woman, said she could not find that error message and they dont have the FC330 manual for download so she was no help AT ALL!!! Can ANY of your guys help? I thought it might be the ink cartridge, as we've never changed that, but putting a new one in made no difference............. I expect all your expertise is on much more modern machines, but any help gratefully received.....Yours M-AC in Methven
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. There should be more to the error like E00000-001 for example, what is the entire number?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for trying,

No other numbers, it just flashes an E, then that goes and it flashes a 1, on and off like that.

When I turn the machine off and wait and turn it on again, there is a C which does not flash. When I turn it off and on again it usually reverts to the flashing E then 1 again.

In the circle where the E 1 and C appear, there is also a small A to the left of the other letter/numbers. I think that means the machine is on 'Automatic' something, so I have tried pressing the grey A button to the left of the flashing one, which I think controls that Automatic thing, but it has no effect. When the E then 1 is flashing, there is a noise, sort of hot and crinkly, I have tried to see if there is something stuck somewhere, but usually that would mean the 'Paper-jam' symbol would appear + that's not happening........

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you for clarifying E1 with nothing else is a fuser film error. If you need it you can buy the service manual here: Click Here You can also use this site to look up errors if you need to: Click Here In order to fix this the fuser film normally needs to be replaced. Most places do not carry it any more so I suggest contacting this site: Click Here Sometimes the entire fuser is needed but the error only indicates the film and until that is replaced there is no way to know for sure if the whole fuser is needed. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.