adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Other
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

We need to divert all the calls that come into our office to

Customer Question

We need to divert all the calls that come into our office to another number when there is no one in the office.
We have a Samsung DCS Compact II system, which has an autoattend message and then ring a group of telephones in the office.
Can this be done by programming options on one of the telephones?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question. The function you are looking for is a function of the phone system itself, not of one or any of the phone stations / telephones. Though it could perhaps be programmed through one of them. The function itself would be the Forwarding Missed Calls, and specifically Forwarding To An Outside Number. Offhand, I don't know whether your Samsung DCS Compact II system has that capability, nor how to access it, nor how to set it up, but I could research the information on that function, if you wish. Setting up that function would, of course, require administrative access to your phone system's programming and functions setup. I presume you have that access. (Please do not post any usernames or passwords - this is a public forum and doing so would compromise your phone system's security.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you I was in India with work.
I am not aware that we have administrative access to the system itself. I was hoping there may have been a function on the handsets that could do this. There seem to be a lot of things that can be done from the handsets, but perhaps not this.
If this is something that cannot be done I am happy to close this question as unanswered.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think that it is a function that your phone administrator needs to program or change, on the phone system box.But in case another Expert can guide you as to how it might be done on the phone stations themselves (I very much doubt it) I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, please cancel this question as no answer has been given.
We have also been charged for this, please refund.