Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

We have a pair of Seimens Gigaset S68H phones which we purchased

Customer Question

We have a pair of Seimens Gigaset S68H phones which we purchased though ***** ***** some time ago. Recently the phones have become INDISTINCT when in use - easier to hear on Speaker.
Could this be a fault OR rechargeable batteries failing ?
or something else ?
They have given us excellent service for several years BUT we know that nothing lasts for ever !
What do you suggest
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. When sound becomes indistinct, it might mean that the batteries don't deliver peak performance enough to make the sounds fully comprehensible. But if the sound is easier to hear when the handset(s) is/are on Speaker-phone mode, then that contradicts the issue being batteries, I think. (New battery/batteries could be tried in one handset, though, to see if by chance that is the problem.)The one thing that would make this problem definitely with the batteries, would be *if* Speaker-phone mode sound came out of the base unit, not from any handset. In which case, that would probably be a problem with batteries aging and being about to die... if it's not simply that the volume on the handsets is too low. Is the Volume control for the phones high enough for the non-speaker mode to be comprehensible, is the next question... if you turn the volume up, does that make them comprehensible and the sound distinct? Try it and let me know.